City of Seattle launches $16 million Seattle Relief Fund for direct cash assistance to low-income residents impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Awards will be $1,000 – $3,000 depending on household size.
You have a 3-week window to apply:
- Mon, October 25 to Mon, November 15, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
Applications will be reviewed for 2 weeks:
- November 16 to November 29, 2021
Decisions will be made from:
- November 29 to December 6, 2021
Payments will be sent after:
- December 9, 2021
The City of Seattle’s new Seattle Relief Fund is funded for $16 million to help low-income residents who have been disproportionally impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This includes households that experienced at least one of the following.:
- Unable to access state unemployment
- Had no health insurance
- Didn’t receive federal stimulus payments
- Experienced housing instability OR
- Mental health crisis due to the COVID-19 pandemic
We wanted to send this out for people who are have experienced a major reduction in income, whether business owners or employees.
You can apply if you meet all the eligibility factors, below:
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Income under 50 percent of Seattle’s area median income (less than $40,500 for an individual or $57,850 for a family of four)
- All eligible Seattle residents regardless of their citizenship or immigration status
- Meet at least one of the following situations for at least one person in your household:
- Live within the boundaries of the city of Seattle, or
- Be enrolled in the Seattle Promise program, or
- Be enrolled in Seattle Public Schools, or
- Be an artist/cultural worker who has owned or rented an art studio or rehearsal space within the boundaries of the City of Seattle at any time since March 2020.
How To Apply
You apply using the online application in 1 of 8 languages. In-language help to assist with application completion is offered by community-based organizations.
Discover More About The People’s Party of Washington
Find out about who we are, what we stand for, as well as our newsletter, volunteer opportuniites, and more