People’s Party of Washington (PPOW) is a party of the people, all of the people. We have intentionally created a party that values everyone’s voice and vote.
To help ensure we remain a party that focuses on people before profit, we require that each and every person, before they can become a PPOW member, do the 2 items below.
- Agree with and support our 5 guiding Principles & Values (read them below).
- Take the pledge of non-violence (read below).
That is, before joining PPOW, you are required to agree to the PPOW Joining Statement, which appears below.
PPOW Membership Agreement
Our 5 Guiding Principles and Values
DIGNITY – We believe all people have inalienable rights to be recognized for their humanity and to be treated ethically. Furthermore, we believe that those who have been wronged by public action should be made whole by public action.
LIBERTY – We believe that, provided the collective rights of society are not diminished, individuals should be free from arbitrary and unreasonable restraints upon their personal will.
EQUALITY – We believe that all people should have equal opportunity to make the most of their lives and talents and that all people deserve fair representation.
SECURITY – We believe that society should provide for the common good and domestic safety of its members and safeguard their rights to dignity, liberty, and equality.
STEWARDSHIP – We believe that society should protect and improve conditions for future generations, the environment, and all its inhabitants.
As a member of PPOW I pledge to:
- Conduct myself in accordance with the goals of the nonviolence movement
- Refrain from violence or participation in violence of any kind
- Observe the ordinary rules of courtesy with friend and foe
- Police my own actions, not those of others
- Protect the safety and agency of others
- Follow the directions of PPOW leadership and captains regarding demonstrations, actions, and other events and activities
We ask that all PPOW members support these 5 Guiding Principles and Values, wish to be known publicly as a member of the People’s Party of Washington, and agree to abide by the pledge of nonviolence in all Party actions and activities.